Ron HN Van Schaik
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Background & Purpose of the Committee
- To promote the knowledge about clinically relevant DNA testing to optimize drug therapy
- To enhance the translation of research into clinical practice
- To encourage discussions on the clinical relevance of specific pharmacogenetics tests, to encourage research into clinically important areas with respect to drug treatment
- To encourage interaction between pharmacologist and toxicologist to promote “toxicogenetics”
Committee Initiatives for 2016/2017
- Develop educational materials for PGx
- Prepare first guideline manuscript
- Interact/represent IATDMCT in international PGx activities
- Perfom survey on PGx clinical use among IATDMCT members
Committee Initiatives Completed in 2014/2015
- Informed members of IATDMCT on current discussions regarding PGx testing, on new potentially interesting pharmacogenetic markers, and the emergence of new technologies.
- Represented IATDMCT in IFCC, AACC, EFLM, IUPHAR and ESPT for initiatives on PGx.
- Advised IATDMCT Rotterdam committee on scientific program regarding PGx
Additional Committee Resources
This section will be updated during the 2016 second phase website redesign.