Awarded for Best Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Journal Manuscript
Professor Philip Patsalos and his wife Ellie, London, UK, set up the Patsalos Prize for the best TDM manuscript published in Therapeutic Drug Monitoring in a given two year calendar period and which will be awarded at the IATDMCT Congress.
Terms of Reference
Award of Prize
The Prize will be awarded at the IATDMCT Congress for a 5-year period (2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017).
The prize may not be awarded at each Congress if a quality manuscript cannot be identified.
- IATDMCT President (Chair)
- Prof. Philip Patsalos
- 2 Editors-in-Chiefs (Therapeutic Drug Monitoring)
Procedure for manuscript nomination and selection of winner
- The two Editors-in Chief will first identify potential eligible manuscripts and make a proposal to the chairperson.
Selection criteria are: originality, conclusiveness, study design and performance, impact on science and practice (enhancing patient treatment/care), impact on future developments, global importance, etc.
- The chairperson will check whether the first author (to whom the Prize will be awarded) is an active member of IATDMCT.
- The chairperson will prepare a list of all eligible manuscripts and distribute the list to members of the Selection Committee for their consideration.
- By conference call, a winner will be selected by "simple majority".
Which manuscripts are eligible for nomination
- Full length original research manuscripts published during the two previous years of the year the prize is going to be awarded
(i.e. for the prize awarded in 2015, papers published in 2013 and 2014 will be considered).
- Exceptional contribution toward advancing knowledge in the field of TDM.
The selection procedure will start at the beginning of the congress year and as soon as possible after the publication of the December issue of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring of the year before.
5.000€ plus an invitation to make a short presentation (Patsalos Lecture) at the Opening Ceremonies of the IATDMCT Congress. In addition, IATDMCT offers a two-year free membership, anticipating active contributions to IATDMCT by the recipient.
Prof. Phillip Patsalos, presents the 2015 Patsalos Prize
to Laure Elens, Belgium
Philip & Ellie Patsalos
Impact of CYP3A4*22 Allele on Tacrolimus Pharmacokinetics in Early Period After Renal Transplantation: Toward Updated Genotype-Based Dosage Guidelines
Elens, Laure PhD; Capron, Arnaud PhD; van Schaik, Ron HN; De Meyer, Martine MD; De Pauw, Luc MD; Eddour, Djamila C.; Latinne, Dominique MD, PhD; Wallemacq, Pierre PharmD, PhD; Mourad, Michel MD, PhD; Haufroid, Vincent PharmD, PhD;
Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. 35(5): 608-616, October 2013
- 2013 Franck Saint-Marcoux, France
- 2011 Karl B. Scheidweiler, USA
- 2009 Nils Tore Vethe, Norway