Irving Sunshine Award
Presented for Outstanding Contributions to Clinical Toxicology
This award is presented in honor of Dr. Irving Sunshine, IATDMCT Honorary Member.
Terms of Reference
- The Award shall be presented to an individual as a mark of recognition of outstanding contributions to Clinical Toxicology. The recipient must be a member in good standing of the Association at the day of the award presentation.
- The Award shall usually be presented biennially, but if in the opinion of the Awards Committee no suitable candidate is available, the Award shall not be presented.
- The Award shall be accompanied by a framed certificate and an honorarium in the amount of USD 1,500.
- The recipient of the Award shall be chosen by the Awards Committee and approved by the IATDMCT Executive no later than four (4) months prior to the Congress at which the Award will be presented. In order to avoid a conflict of interest, the Awards Committee must no communicate with the IATDMCT Executive or Council on their selection prior to making their final decision. However, the final Awards Committee decision requires the approval of the IATDMCT Executive.
- Members of IATDMCT may propose suitable candidates to the Awards Committee through the Business Office of the association.
- Nominations from the membership must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae including a list of publications, and a letter from the nominator containing an evaluation and appraisal of the nominee for the award. Additional letters of support by members of the Association or other respected scientists are helpful for the Selection Committee.
- The presentation of the Award shall normally be at the Opening Ceremonies of the Congress of the association. The recipient of the Award is not usually expected to give an address or present a paper.
IATDMCT Past President Pierre Marquet (left) presents
the 2015 Irving Sunshine Award to Olof Beck, Sweden
- 2013 Albert Fraser, Canada
- 2011 Pascal Kintz, France
- 2009 Amitava Dasgupta, USA
- 2007 Marilyn A. Huestis, USA
- 2005 Olaf Drummer, Australia
- 2003 Donald Uges, The Netherlands
- 2001 Robin Braithwaite, United Kingdom
- 1999 Gideon Koren, Canada
- 1997 Hans H. Maurer, Germany
- 1995 Edward Cone, USA
- 1993 Peter Jatlow, USA
IATDMCT members are invited to nominate individuals for the IATDMCT awards. The award presentations will take place biennially at the Opening Ceremonies of the International Congress of the IATDMCT.
How to Nominate: IATDMCT members are invited to nominate individuals for the IATDMCT awards. The award presentations will take place at the Opening Ceremonies of the International Congress of the IATDMCT.
Deadline: March 31, 2017
Nominations must be received by March 31 of the Congress year.
Pierre Wallemacq, Chair IATDMCT Awards