The IATDMCT is an organization formed by an international group of scientists and physicians, to promote the related disciplines of therapeutic drug monitoring and clinical toxicology worldwide.
Our aims are to:
- Foster and promote education and research in therapeutic drug monitoring and clinical toxicology;
- Improve the standards of practice and clinical interpretation of drug and toxic substance analyses and facilitate the delivery of interpretation through clinical pharmacokinetics and toxicokinetics for enhanced patient care;
- Encourage cooperation with and among members of all professions concerned with therapeutic drug monitoring and clinical toxicology;
- Encourage the effective application of therapeutic drug monitoring to optimize clinical drug use and maximize the clinical and economic benefits;
- Encourage progress in clinical toxicology as a diagnostic tool and therapeutic aid for therapeutic drug overdoses, drug abuse, and exposure to environmental toxicants.